Your privacy is an important factor Interactive Services Corporation (“IISC”) considers in the development of each of our products and services. This Privacy Statement explains generally how we receive personal information about you, and what we do with that personal information once we have it.
What do we mean by “personal information?”
For us, “personal information” means information about an identified or identifiable person, or which allows us to contact you, like your name or email address.
How do we learn personal information about you?
We learn personal information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you choose to contact us, or make a request for information);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., through your use of Interactive Services Corporation services);
- someone else tells us personal information about you (e.g., our client provides us your personal information in order for us to perform services for them); or
- when we try to understand more about you based on personal information you’ve given to us (e.g., when we use your IP address to customize language for some of our services).
What do we do with your personal information once we have it?
- When you give us personal information, we will use it in the ways for which you’ve given us permission, or ways in which our clients who provided us the personal information instruct. We also use your personal information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you and our clients with which you have a business relationship. We may also use the personal information you provide to contact you regarding additional or new services and features offered by Interactive Services Corporation, or important information regarding Interactive Services Corporation.
- If you have provided personal information to our client, their privacy statement will also apply. You should familiarize yourself with their statement.
When do we share your personal information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- When we’re required to provide it to our client from whom we received your personal information, or with whom you have a business relationship.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your personal information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways approved by Interactive Services Corporation.
- We sometimes provide aggregate personal information to our business partners to make our products and services better, but when we do so, we will de-identify your personal information and try to disclose it in a way that minimizes the risk of you being re-identified.
- We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government entity, or related to a lawsuit. We’ll notify you or our client from whom we received your personal information when we’re asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we believe we’re legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we’ll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this Statement is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your personal information.
- We share your personal information if we have a good faith belief it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, CALLPOINTE or the public.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (e.g., if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt), we may pass your personal information to a successor or affiliate.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, administrative and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, when required by law, we’ll notify you or our client so appropriate protective steps can be taken. CALLPOINTE is not responsible for unauthorized access to such personal information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures, in the absence of negligence on the part of CALLPOINTE.
How do you handle my “Do Not Track” browser settings?
This application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third party services used honor “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
What if we change this Privacy Statement or any of our privacy notices?
We may need to change this Statement and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through CALLPOINTE’s websites. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page.
I am a resident of the United States. How do you keep my healthcare information private?
CALLPOINTE is required by law to maintain the privacy of “protected health information.” Please follow this link to CALLPOINTE’s HIPAA Privacy Notice.
Interactive Services Corporation (“IISC”).
Attn: Janette Nelson, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel
11808 Miracle Hills Drive
Omaha, NE 68154, USA
Or, you may email us at email@example.com.